RENO POLICE BULLETIN
Official Publication of the Reno Police Department
Michael Poehlman, Chief of Police
April 2, 2008
On January 20, 2008, Brianna DENISON, 19 years old, disappeared from 1395 Mackay Court in Reno, Nevada. On February 15, 2008, Brianna was found deceased in a vacant field on Sandhill Drive in southeast Reno, the apparent victim of strangulation. Discovered at the scene were a pair of women's thong underwear that have been determined not to have belonged to Brianna. This underwear is very distinctive. It is described as having the caricatures of the head of the “Pink Panther” and pink hearts on a black cotton field. Forensic analysis of the underwear has found the DNA of an unknown female.
The Reno Police Department is seeking the community’s assistance in identifying this underwear. Anyone who may have owned a pair of this of particular underwear or knows someone who may have owned a pair of this of particular underwear is strongly encouraged to contact the Reno Police Department.
The Reno Police Department is still seeking the community’s assistance in identifying anyone with the following or similar characteristics and/or a vehicle possibly with the following notables:
DATES OF ATTACKS KNOWN TO HAVE BEEN COMMITTED BY DENISON SUSPECT:
November 13, 2007 between 5:55pm and 6:05prm at 401 College Drive (parking lot)
December 16, 2007 between 2:00am and 2:30am at 1425 N.Virginia Street (parking lot)
January 20, 2008 between 4:30am and 9:00am at 1395 Mackay Court (residence)
DENISON VEHICLE DESCRIPTION FROM DECEMBER 16, 2007
- Consistent with a smaller (mid-size) pick-up
- Extended (not standard) cab configuration
- Two bucket style seats covered with soft dark (possibly dark grey or black velour upholstery
- Passenger seat had an adjustable head rest at the top of the seat back.
- Passenger front seat reclined approximately twenty degrees and was operated by a manual lever along the bottom of the seat.
- Center console was mounted to the floor between the front seats - approximately six to eight inches in width and eight to eleven inches in height above the level of the seat
- Lid on the center console was constructed with a textured black vinyl or plastic similar to the material commonly found on vehicle dashboards - hinges for the lid were at the rear of the console - lid on the center console extended only about 2/3 of the way to the front of the seat bottom - inside of the center console did not illuminate when the lid was open
- Unknown if there had been cup holders, an emergency brake, or a floor mounted shift lever forward of the center console
- Height from the passenger front seat to the ground approximately thirty inches
- No conventional bench seat located behind the front bucket seats
- Dome light centered between the front seats and forward in the cab above the windshield -Automatic transmission.
- Radio, tape player, or C.D. player mounted at the center of the dashboard directly forward of the center console- rectangular shaped face with at least three rows of narrow bars on the right side of the display - bottom bars as being red in color with blue colored bars above the red
DENISON SUSPECT DESCRIPTION FROM DECEMBER 16, 2007
- A male that appeared to be Caucasian with the skin on his abdomen, groin, and upper legs noticeably lighter in color than the skin on his hands
- Likely in his early twenties to mid thirties
- Likely between 5’9” and 6’3” in height
- Large and somewhat heavy build - not overly muscular
- Medium to dark brown head hair. Body hair and facial hair was the same color as head hair
- Facial hair consisted of at least a mustache and goatee with a noticeable gap (without hair) between the ends of the moustache and the top of the goatee
- Clear fluent English with no accent or regional dialect.
- No visible tattoos on his hands, fingers, lower abdomen, groin, or genitals
- Genital and groin areas were without hair – skin noticeably smooth and consistent with use of a hair removal cream or similar hair removal process
- Large hands with “meaty” thick fingers.
Information can discreetly be provided via telephone to the Reno Police Department tip line @ 775-745-3521.
Click here to download a PDF of this police bulletin for distribution.